BECOME AN OFFICIAL
Interested in Officiating?
The process of becoming a licensed OHSAA wrestling official completely online and self-paced. To become an OHSAA official, follow these steps which can be found at this link (click here).
1. Create a profile at officials.myohsaa.org
2. Take OHSAA Officiating Class - once registered, complete/edit any profile and contact information and click CHOOSE SPORTS to indicate which sports you are interested in. Click on the OFFICIAL profile and Select a Course to review the information and register for the class
3. Take Officiating Exam - The class concludes with the officiating exam. Applicants must receive a passing score of 75% on the mechanics and rules exams and pass the proficiency portion in order to be a licensed OHSAA Official.
4. Complete Concussion Training - Applicants must complete a course on concussion training and receive a permit number prior to officiating
5. Receive Officiating Permit - Applicants with a passing score and completed myOHSAA will receive their officiating permit on their myOHSAA dashboard within 3 weeks from their test date. If you do not receive your permit within this timeframe, contact the OHSAA at email@example.com
NOTE: applicants receiving a 65%-75% on the mechanics or rules exam may request a retake
6. Contact the GCWOA to join our association - you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 513-260-6996 for additional information. Our schedule for meetings can be found on the MEETINGS tab on this website. Information on paying annual dues can be found on the Membership tab of this website.
7. Annual Renewal of Permit - Renew your officiating each year during the month of June.